Please read the instructions below to apply for a camp scholarship.
We understand that families sometimes face economic challenges and must make difficult choices. Our hope is that no child would miss out on this life-changing opportunity because of cost.
Camp Widjiwagan offers scholarship assistance to campers with financial, spiritual and emotional needs. We are happy to review your application materials for scholarship to support sending your child to camp this summer.
Applications for summer 2019 will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on April 30.
Scholarships are awarded for a camper to attend one camp session per summer. More than one child in the same household may be awarded a scholarship.
To qualify for a scholarship, you must meet the following guidelines:
- New scholarship applications must be submitted each summer.
- You must register each camper through our online registration site to begin the scholarship process. At the end of the online registration process, a $50 deposit is required for each camper. This must be completed in order to be considered for a scholarship. If you do not qualify or you choose to not accept the scholarship, your $50 deposit will be refundable. Scholarships are awarded to the base program rate and do not include add-ons or transportation fees.
- After completing the online registration, please click the link below to submit a Preliminary Scholarship Application. If a scholarship application is received for a camper, but the online registration for that camper is not complete, including the paid $50 deposit, that scholarship application will not be processed and you will need to reapply after registering and paying the deposit.
- Once your scholarship application has been received, you will get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within two business days with a list of required documentation needed to complete your application process. These documents will need to be received at camp within five business days. If the documents are not received by the deadline your application will be pulled, and you will need to reapply.
- Once a completed application packet has been received at camp (including all required documentation) you will get another email from email@example.com to notify you that your packet is complete and is being processed. You will be contacted within 10 business days with your scholarship award.
Completed scholarship applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Please allow 2-3 weeks for total processing. Scholarships will be accepted and awarded from Feb. 1 until April 30, or until available scholarship funds are exhausted.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
We will notify you of any missing items or incomplete applications by email—please keep in mind that this could delay the processing time of your application and may affect the amount to be awarded. Please keep in mind that each session has a limited amount of scholarship funding available. Be sure to apply early to receive a scholarship for your preferred session.
If you have any questions, or need help completeting the forms, please contact Jenny Beckelhymer, director of administration, at 615-360-2267.
We are excited to get to know your child and welcome them to a summer of fun, friendships and magical memories!
Want to send a kid to camp?
If you wish to contribute to the Annual Giving Campaign Fund to send kids to camp, please call (615) 360-2267 or visit our Donate page for more information.