Send a Child to Camp
At YMCA Camp Widjiwagan, we believe every child should experience a summer of imagination, wonder and adventure. As a nonprofit organization, we commit ourselves to removing financial barriers to camp through our camp scholarships.
Why should I send a child to camp?
As Camp Widjiwagan, our campers:
- Forge friendships as they bond with their peers over common interests.
- Learn character values from volunteers, staff and fellow campers who serve as role models.
- Grow their confidence as they challenge themselves to explore new experiences.
Provding scholarships to those who need it
More than 600 families each year receive a camp scholarship. Scholarships typically range from 20% to 80% based on a family’s need. These families include:
- Children of deployed and deceased veterans
- Families of children with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and asthma
- Families with single parents
How your gift sends a child to Camp
- A full month of riding lessons is possible with a $100 gift.
- A full week of Day Camp is possible with a $325 gift.
- A child can spend a full week at Resident Camp for a full week with a $695 gift.